Given all of the people fleeing Twitter, I thought it might be wise to sign up for the heir apparent, Mastodon. You can pick from a large number of federated servers, many focusing on different interests. I picked one of the more general sites: mastodon.social. The most visible impact of this choice to those interacting with you is the server name as a part of your ‘handle’. Mine is @MichaelSchmid@mastodon.social. I’ve always been a fan of Twitter, though less so its new owner, and do plan to remain on there for now at least. I’m @ADaddyBlog on Twitter. The easiest way to find me everywhere is via my linktr.ee/MichaelSchmid. Please let me know your Mastodon account address in the comments so I can find you. I’m still brand new on mastodon.social, so I’d also appreciate any tips and advice you might have for us newbies. Here’s a recent article from mashable.com with a pretty good overview about getting started on mastodon. Please leave a comment. Happy ‘tooting’! 🦣
I Joined Mastodon
Hi! I'm Michael, the founder and editor of adaddyblog.com. I'm a university director by day specializing in AI, and a lifestyle blogger by night. More than anything, I'm a husband and a dad. This site targets parenthood from the dad’s perspective, and includes a big focus on family travel, entertainment, artificial intelligence, coffee, cars & cuddles. ;) Leave a comment on one of my posts and let me know you were here, or connect with me on any of the social media sites linked via the icons along the top left of this page!
Subscribe by Email
- A Daddy-Daughter Adventure in London: Memories, Monuments, and Moments
- Parenting in the Age of AI: A Dad’s Guide to Kids and LLMs
- Favorite Baby Books?
- Parenting in the Age of AI: Insights into ChatGPT, Bing, Meta, and Our Kids’ Future
- Reading to Children – A Dad’s Perspective
- AI for Parents – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Mister Rogers on Scary Things in the News
- What Parents Need to Know About ChatGPT
- I Joined Mastodon
- 20 Things Guys Should Never Wear | What Women Wish Men Knew
- I Miss You Dad
- Family Travel: Nostalgia for the Family Road-trip
- Dads Just Want to Have Fun
- Parenting Hack: Nearly FREE Toddler Gifts
- Wolfwalkers Apple TV+ Family Movie Review
- Are You a Hugger?
- ChristKindl LIVE 2020—Online Christmas Market
- Why we started using an Air Purifier in our Home
- Colorado Family Road Trip in a 2016 Chevy Tahoe!
- 7 Ways to be a Better Dad