Last week I had the honor of participating in an important charity event sponsored by our Texas Cadillac dealers. Team Escalade Texas has put up a $150,000 advertising budget for six great charities (more about them in a moment). And YOU get to vote for which of those charities will get the funds.
A thing I love about being a blogger is sometimes you feel you help make a difference, and this was on of those times. I’d be lying if I didn’t add it’s also fun to meet some of the really cool people who want to help you make that difference. My daughter was most excited that I had my photo taken with this celebrity:
This particular event started at the Escalade plant in Arlington, Texas; an amazing facility currently putting my fellow Texans to work. From there the celebrities, the Cadillac execs and us bloggers road together in Escalades fresh off the line to the press briefing in Dallas, complete with police motorcycle escorts.
The photo above shows some of Team Strength’s members, supporting the cancer charity Love Hope Strength. Nothing like standing next to a couple of superstar athletes to make ya feel frumpy. I road to the event with Brent (left) & ND Kalu, a couple of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet (off the ice & football field).
Clearly I’d like you to vote for our Team Strength, but honestly you can’t go wrong voting for any of the following great charities. The only thing you could do wrong is not vote. And remember you can vote every day through the end of October so add a reminder to vote each day. Thank you for your support!
- Representing the charity Cure Duchenne
- Team Members: Daryl Johnston, Rocket Ismail & Dan Pastorini
- Representing the charity Taylor’s Gift
- Team Members: Everson Walls, Danieal Manning & Mike Renfro
- Representing the charity Love Hope Strength
- Team Members: Mike Modano, Brent Severyn & N.D. Kalu
- Representing the charity Ronald McDonald House
- Team Members: Randy White, Jay Novacek & Matt Bullard
- Representing the charity Special Olympics
- Team Members: Carly Patterson, Laura Wilkinson & Zina Garrison
- Representing the charity YMCA
- Team Members: Brian Cardinal, Derek Harper & Alphonso Roundtree
* A Daddy Blog is working with Team Escalade Texas to spread the word about this important program and the 6 charities involved, courtesy of 18 Texas Cadillac Dealers.
[notice]p.s. If you could have a photo taken with anyone alive or dead (when they were alive, to be clear… otherwise that would just be gross) who would it be?[/notice]