This year our 6-year-old daughter told me she wanted to dress up as “something scary” for Halloween. I suggested a clown. She wasn’t amused.
I’ll be in trouble if I ruin the surprise, so can’t tell you what our daughter’s wearing for Halloween. I’m sure my wife will post it on MilkandCuddles.com.
So what scares people the most? Here is a list of the Top Ten Phobias people report. Oddly, Coulrophobia, the Fear of Clowns, didn’t make the list?
- Acrophobia – Fear of Heights
- Claustrophobia – Fear of Enclosed Spaces
- Nyctophobia – Fear of the Dark
- Ophidiophobia – Fear of Snakes
- Arachnophobia – Fear of Spiders
- Trypanophobia – Fear of Injection/Needles
- Astraphobia – Fear of Thunder and Lightning
- Nosophobia – Fear of Having a Disease
- Mysophobia AKA Germophobia – Fear of Germs
- Triskaidekaphobia – Fear of the Number 13
Do any of these bother you? Yikes, I’ll bet people with Nosophobia and Mysophobia have been hating all the new reports covering Ebola?
These don’t scare me! Well, except maybe taking a dark elevator to the 13th floor with a coughing clown holding a spider and a syringe?