Are you one of the millions of Americans currently scrambling to come up with a great Father’s Day Present – last minute? No worries, as a guy I have the fast present picking gene in my DNA and I can help! Here are a few ideas that might suit the special guy in your life – and they are all ADaddyBlog approved!
A New Pair of kicks:
- I recently received matching sneakers with my daughter, from the folks at New Balance. She and I have a new found love of hiking and walking nature trails together, after a recent vacation to Colorado. Our matching sneakers are the Vazee Prism collection from New Balance. I like this particular shoe because it Features a medial post for extra stability,and was designed for optimal speed and superior support. I have very wide “hobbit” feet, and they have widths up to EEEE for the perfect fit! Super comfortable.
- And bonus – the colorful Vazee collection is also great for kids (and kids at heart) because the shoe’s synthetic and mesh upper provide breathable, lightweight comfort and proper support- making the sneakers perfect for outdoor adventures. And that’s what my daughter and I enjoy most! I should add, while I don’t usually think of running shoes as a fashion accessory (hey, I’m a guy), I’ve gotten more complements from people on their looks than I’ve ever received on footwear before!
Some efficacious and effortless SkinCare:
- My wife says she’s been a big fan of Kiehl’s Skincare lines years, but they are relatively new to me. They have a great track record for really doing what they say, and they also come in packaging that doesn’t feel girly on my my side of the bathroom counter (all ⅛ of it). Perhaps your husband or dad wouldn’t think to treat himself to really quality skincare? Step in and make that right!
- Beard? Try getting him Kiehl’s Nourishing Beard Grooming oil. With 99.8% naturally derived ingredients, this beard oil absorbs quickly and and conditions beard hair perfectly. It also has a light woodsy scent they are sure to like. I find it also makes my face more kissable (less scratchy) during the times of the year I sport a beard (usually during the winter).
- Shave? Try Kiehl’s Close-Shavers Squadron Shave Lotion. Kukui Nut Oil and Vitamin E helps treat the hair and skin for a close shave that avoids irritation. It’s not a foaming product, but a smooth, rich cream. This shave lotion helps your blade glide!
- I recently met Lee Foster Fuqua the distillor behind Duckworth Vodka, and was impressed by his passion for what he does. I also love that the Duckworth Distillery is a North Texas fixture. Don’t know about you, but we love supporting local ventures. Duckworth has one employee, Lee, who’s pictured on the bottle. I asked how many times his vodka has been filtered. He laughed and said more than a thousand times. You can do that when you’re not rushing the process and making small batches.
- Duckworth Distillery has only been open about one year, and yet all three of their vodkas won Gold Medals in a large, international competition. Their French Oak Vodka and Truffle Vodka each won Best of Category. The Truffle won Best of Show and it was awarded the highest score for any vodka, flavored or regular for 2016. The Texas “Sipping” Vodka is perfect for martinis and, well, just sipping.
Gadgetry, like a Bluetooth Speaker:
- The kind people behind the movie KUBU and The Two Strings recently sent me this bluetooth speaker, and it reminds me how sometimes the simplest gadgets can add major value to a Dads life!
- I’ve been using this speaker from the KUBU movie to amplify my audio books lately, while I work around the house. It’s also handy for cars that don’t have a bluetooth or wired connection for your phone.
- If Dad is a film buff, check out KUBUtheMovie.com
What is your favorite Father’s Day Gift to give or receive? I’d love to know! And, wishing a Happy Father’s Day to all my readers!