This is one of my Father’s Day gift ideas. It’s a Dopp Kit. Don’t know what that is? It’s a small toilet bag, best made of leather, used for storing mens grooming tools for travel. It came into popularity during World War II when they were issued to our GIs. I remember my dad’s clearly… I can still smell the wonderful mix of leather, deodorant, shaving cream and cologne it gave off. I believe the English call them “sponge bags”? Giving one to a teenage boy was a right of passage once upon a time. If the dad in your life wasn’t given one, there’s no time like the present. You’ll notice, as with almost all of my Father’s Day recommendations, I’m suggesting leather.
Hi! I'm Michael, the founder and editor of adaddyblog.com. I'm a university director by day and a lifestyle blogger by night. More than anything, I'm a husband and a dad. This site targets parenthood from the dad’s perspective, and includes a big focus on family travel, entertainment, technology, social media, coffee, cars & cuddles. ;) Leave a comment on one of my posts and let me know you were here, or connect with me on any of the site icons along the top left of this page!
Subscribe by Email
- Suffering in Silence – It’s Time We Talk about Miscarriage
- Social Media: I Hug Back!
- Family Travel: Stop and See the Amazing Thing!
- How a Body Wash – helped Simplify My Life
- 20 Driving Safety Tips Police Want You to Know
- Dads Just Want to Have Fun
- 7 Ways to be a Better Dad
- Great Quote from @BradPaisley to Kick off Your New Year
- 10 Things Police Wish You Knew about Answering the Doorbell
- Review: Ember Temperature Controlled Ceramic Mug
- Twas the Night before Christmas—WordlessWednesday Art
- The Story of a Garnet Ring – and a New Family Tradition
- Armchair Version of HGTV House Hunters International
- Firefly & Serenity Gifts For that Browncoat you love this Holiday!
- Empty Chairs at the Holiday Table
- Is Halloween less safe today than when we were kids?
- A Dad’s Guide to the Perfect Halloween Cocktail
- 13 Tips for a Safe Halloween
- Best Family Car for the Zombie Apocalypse
- Daddy’s Baby Bump – The Ugly Truth