This is one of my Father’s Day gift ideas. It’s a Dopp Kit. Don’t know what that is? It’s a small toilet bag, best made of leather, used for storing mens grooming tools for travel. It came into popularity during World War II when they were issued to our GIs. I remember my dad’s clearly… I can still smell the wonderful mix of leather, deodorant, shaving cream and cologne it gave off. I believe the English call them “sponge bags”? Giving one to a teenage boy was a right of passage once upon a time. If the dad in your life wasn’t given one, there’s no time like the present. You’ll notice, as with almost all of my Father’s Day recommendations, I’m suggesting leather.
Hi! I'm Michael, the founder and editor of adaddyblog.com. I'm a university director by day and a lifestyle blogger by night. More than anything, I'm a husband and a dad. This site targets parenthood from the dad’s perspective, and includes a big focus on family travel, entertainment, technology, social media, coffee, cars & cuddles. ;) Leave a comment on one of my posts and let me know you were here, or connect with me on any of the site icons along the top left of this page!
Subscribe by Email
- 20 Things Guys Should Never Wear | What Women Wish Men Knew
- The Perfect Gift Card For Every Occasion!
- Rascal Flatts ‘The Night Before Christmas’ FREE Audiobook
- Blow your Guy’s Mind – A Gift Guide
- A Dad’s Guide to the Perfect Halloween Cocktail
- Favorite Baby Books?
- A Walk to Remember – On Our 12th Anniversary
- A Dad Weighs In on Breastfeeding
- Be the Office Hero – While playing Wintastic Rewards!
- 5 Tips for Throwing a Birthday Party at Urban Air – Bedford!
- 43 U.S. Children Died in Hot Cars Last Year – Please Read and Share these 7 Safety Tips
- An App that makes Summer… a little bit Yummier!
- He Said, She Said — Family Road-Trips
- How I’ve been finding a way to get EXTRA time in the morning…
- 7 Ways to be a Better Dad
- Geppetto’s Marionette Theater
- 20 Summer Safety Tips for Kids
- Les Misérables Comes to Dallas
- 2018 Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Suffering in Silence – It’s Time We Talk about Miscarriage